Cleaning up Our Town
No of Litter Picks
Welcome to our web site. The group started as a Facebook Community in March this year and has steadily grown. Realising not everyone is on Facebook and wanting to be as inclusive as possible, we are using wordpress to create an interim web site. It is free so that means there are adverts, but on the positive side it allows more members of the community to find out how to get involved.
Don’t forget to check out the fabulous posters from our schools competition in our Latest News Page.
Why not click on the links to find out how you can do your bit:-
Are You Ready to Join Us?
There is never been a better time to pick litter
- Meet Like Minded People
- Sense of Achievement
- Have Fun
- Creating a Clean and Safe Environment
- Building Community
Why not join our Facebook Community
Hope you found our site informative. Remember to check back regularly as we explore more of the waste and litter issues that affect our town.
- How to run Community Led Campaigns: https://www.zerowastescotland.org.uk/litter-flytipping/community-led-campaigns
- Who is responsible for litter and fly-tipping? https://www.zerowastescotland.org.uk/litter-flytipping/who-is-responsible?
- Business waste: https://www.netregs.org.uk/legislation/scotland-environmental-legislation/current-legislation/waste/
- Anti-litter resources for pubs and clubs: https://www.zerowastepartners.org.uk/context-specific-litter-materials/8-pubs-and-clubs-context-specific-litter-materials/
- Guide to Clearing up fly-tipping on private land https://www.zerowastescotland.org.uk/litter-flytipping/private-land
- Watch what happens to recycling at the Bargeddie plant https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ambab7EdVU
- National Spring Clean Month: https://www.keepscotlandbeautiful.org/community-and-place/clean-up-scotland/summer-clean-2021